Procurement Category Manager
|Specialisation:||Supply Chain & Procurement|
|Salary:||S$72000 - S$130000 per annum|
- A new company with solid global parent organization
- A dynamic firm with focus on expansion and growth targets
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of a digital firm.
About our client:
Our respected client is a well-known firm with focus in developing new companies globally. The firm comes with a lean yet robust management team in Asia, delivering breakthrough technological value. Overall key success of their business is to continue sustaining the growth momentum by having an open culture, innovative, lean, and reachable organization. During this dynamic time, they are looking for a Category Manager responsible for managing the overall marine commodities: electronic hardware (including contract manufacturing service), installation service, and logistics services.
You will be managing the overall marine commodities: electronic hardware, contract manufacturing service, installation service, and logistics services. This role is reporting to the Head of Delivery. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise technical procurement process; approve major purchase orders, regionally select reliable sources of supply, strategically monitor price and product quality, and make sure materials are delivered on time.
- Conducting the strategic technical procurement planning and organization, and development of policy and procedures to be in line with latest best practices.
- Recommend and authorize sources of hardware material (OEM & ODM manufacturers in China), contract manufacturing services, installation services, 3rd party logistics provider.
- Manage finished product supplies, manage quotations and secure bids both locally and overseas.
- Conducting vendor management, demand management, and inventory management along with the users.
- Strategically negotiate purchase contracts, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Leverage strategic sourcing process as a competitive advantage for the business
- Maintain and improve procurement processes and controls, while assuring best Quality, Service and Price from supply chain
- Coordinate efforts with cross-functional organizations
The Successful Applicant
We invite a seasoned procurement professional with a sharp eye for managing the overall marine commodities: electronic hardware (contract manufacturing service), installation service, and logistics services. We are seeking the services of a highly motivated and team driving individual to raise the bar and to be successful you must come with:
- A proven track record of at least 10 years in Procurement, with experience in handling electronics contract manufacturers in China.
- Great analytical and negotiation skills, able to communicate as a leader with respective key stakeholder to ensure smooth operation.
- Experienced in managing long term, sizeable major contracts.
- Solid technical management, especially during crisis management.
- Able to proactively participate in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units
- Solid proven integrity and strong acumen in analysis of given challenges
- Modern, energetic, self-starter, display initiative and proposes pragmatic new ideas / approaches
Interested applicants can click APPLY NOW to attach your CV, or visit https://www.ambition.com.sg/disciplines/supply-chain-and-procurement-jobs to drop your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidate will be notified. #LI-SC
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1872927