Procurement Manager - Ship Supplies Firm
|Specialisation:||Supply Chain & Procurement|
Permanent, Singapore West
- A dynamic company with strong brand in Asia Pacific
- Solid clientele throughout the world
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of an expert supply chain solution firm
About our client
Our respected client is a well-known firm with solid presence in Asia Pacific. With major experiences in providing thorough procurement & supply solutions as well as engineering & maintenance solutions, they are geared for growth in Asia Pacific. The key success of this business is to continue innovating and optimizing their service by providing cost and time effective solutions. During this dynamic time, they are looking for a Procurement Manager to be part of their team in Singapore.
You will be managing the technical supplies. This role is reporting to a Director of the firm and will manage experienced Purchasing team members in Singapore. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise technical procurement process, approve major purchase orders, regionally select reliable sources of supply, strategically monitor price and product quality, and make sure materials are delivered on time.
- Leading the strategic technical procurement planning and organization, and development of policy and procedures to be in line with latest best practices.
- Accountable for end to end procurement activities on the technical ship supply commodities, including the management of purchasers
- Recommend and authorize sources of material and finished product supplies, manage quotations and secure bids both locally and overseas.
- Strategically negotiate purchase contracts, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Leverage strategic sourcing process as a competitive advantage for the business
- Maintain and improve procurement processes and controls, while assuring best Quality, Service and Price from supply chain
- Investigate trends in supply prices.
- Coordinate efforts with cross-functional organizations
- Conducts regular priority Supplier reviews and scorecards metrics.
- Process and review claims against suppliers for sub-standard materials or equipment.
The Successful Applicant
We invite a seasoned technical procurement professional. We are seeking the services of a highly motivated and team driving individual to raise the bar of strategic procurement activities. To be successful you must come with:
- A proven track record of at least 5 years in ship chandler industry, and with strong people managerial skills.
- Great analytical and negotiation skills, able to communicate as a leader with respective key stakeholder to ensure smooth operation.
- Experienced in managing major contracts.
- Solid team and technical management, especially during crisis management.
- Able to proactively participate in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units
- Solid proven integrity and strong acumen in analysis of given challenges
- Modern, energetic, self-starter, display initiative and proposes pragmatic new ideas / approaches
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Career growth opportunities with added responsibilities.
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.
Interested applicants can click APPLY NOW to attach your CV, or visit https://www.ambition.com.sg/disciplines/supply-chain-and-procurement-jobs to drop your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidate will be notified. #LI-SC
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1872927