Product Controller (Contract)
|Salary:||S$4500 - S$60000 per annum|
You will be working in a team centric environment where there are about 20 team members spread across 2 locations. The candidate can look forward to frequent interactions with key stakeholders in Financial Accounting, Front Office, Middle
Office and Management Reporting teams.
Product Control's primary responsibility is to validate and substantiate the principal risk taking assets and liabilities of the firm and their associated revenues in compliance with the bank's primary GAAP and other local regulatory requirements as agreed with Financial Control.
This role is within the CVA Mgmt trading Product Control team supporting the Asia, European and American trading desks.
- Take ownership, and be accountable for, the timely and accurate calculation, verification and reporting of actual P&L.
- Assess the reasonableness of the daily P&L with reference to known market moves, nature of the business, market liquidity, etc.
- Provide detail daily/monthly commentary on P&L movement.
- Identify significant and complex trades to be reported and discuss unusual entries/issues with PC management, RMM and Front Office where applicable.
- Ensure all month end and quarter end tasks are completed within deadlines as specified by the month end timetable.
- Proactively build relationships by maintaining ongoing dialogue with all key clients.
- Involvement with strategic and continuous improvement projects as well as operational excellence initiatives to continuously improve daily functions and systems / applications.
- At least 2 years of product control experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Degree level educated preferably in Accountancy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Fixed income or credit derivative product control experience.