Purchaser - O&G & Marine Services Firm
- A leader in Logistics and Supply Services firm
- Office presence throughout Asia Pacific
- Strong global clientele
About our client:
Our client is one of the leader in Asia for Supply, Services, and Logistics with regional presence in Singapore. With proven experiences throughout the previous decade in providing excellent service to the industry of maritime fleet operator, and offshore O&G operator they are focused in expanding in Asia whilst maintaining profitability in Singapore. The key success of this business is to continuously providing excellent service quality and value-added services. During this rewarding time they are looking for an experience Purchaser, where the role is responsible for the Technical Spare parts and Provision of Food.
This junior role will report to the Purchasing Manager of the O&G Marine Services firm in Singapore. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing purchasing process; approve purchase orders, regionally select reliable sources of supply, strategically monitor price and product quality, and make sure materials and provisions are delivered on time.
- Managing the purchasing of technical spare-parts and food provision.
- Applying the strategic procurement planning process, and adhering to the development of policy and procedures to be in line with latest best practices.
- Accountable for the local end to end purchasing activities on various commodities.
- Buying material, product supplies, and vessel provision, manage quotations and secure bids both locally and overseas.
- Negotiating purchase contracts, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Make use of sourcing process as a competitive advantage for the business
- Investigate trends in basic raw materials and supply prices.
- Coordinate efforts with cross-functional organizations
- Conducts regular priority Supplier reviews and scorecards metrics.
- Process and review claims against suppliers for sub-standard materials or equipment.
The Successful Applicant
We invite Purchaser professional with a sharp eye for managing supplies of both Technical items and Provision items. We are seeking the services of a highly motivated individual to raise the bar of the purchasing activities, working in the West Singapore. To be successful you must come with:
- A proven track record of at least 2 years in O&G and Marine services purchasing exposure, and with strong vendor management skills.
- Great analytical and negotiation skills, able to communicate as a savvy purchaser
- Willingness to work half-day on alternate Saturday (twice a month)
- Able to proactively participate in the development of organization operation process and goals that cover operations.
- Solid proven integrity and strong acumen in analysis of given challenges
- Modern, energetic, self-starter, display initiative and proposes pragmatic new ideas / approaches.
- Those who need permits to work need not to apply.
What's on Offer
- A challenging, busy, and professional working environment
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.
Interested applicants can drop CV to Gani Garbadi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click APPLY NOW to attach your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably only shortlisted candidate will be notified. #LI-SC
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1872927
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.