Purchasing Engineer - Technology and Engineering Firm
|Specialisation:||Supply Chain & Procurement|
|Salary:||S$3800 - S$4500 per month|
- A diversified, global, and innovative engineering firm
- Strong vision in digitalization, analytics, and solution-oriented firm
- Global operation in more than 75 countries
About our client:
A global brand with presence in all continents, their business relies on innovative engineering solution through technology and data science. This multinational supply chain service firm is delivering excellence, effectiveness, and visibility to its clients globally. In Singapore, they are looking for an experienced Purchasing Engineer with strong background in managing sourcing and purchasing within the mechanical and electrical commodities.
This role will report to the Manager of the team. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting technical procurement process; issuance of purchase orders, regionally select reliable sources of supply, strategically monitor price and product quality, and make sure materials are delivered on time.
- Taking part of the strategic technical procurement planning and organization and contributing to the development of policy and procedures to be in line with latest best practices.
- Seeking sources of material and finished product supplies, manage quotations and help to secure bids both locally and overseas.
- Strategically negotiate purchase contracts, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Taking part on the NPI projects and MRO catalogue making, able to collaborate proactively with other departments/hubs in Asia Pacific.
- Leverage strategic sourcing process as a competitive advantage for the business
- Collaborate with key suppliers in the development and improvement of the products needed.
- Maintain and improve procurement processes and controls, while assuring best Quality, Service and Price from supply chain
- Investigate trends in supply prices.
- Coordinate efforts with cross-functional organizations
- Conducts regular priority Supplier reviews and scorecards metrics.
- Process and review claims against suppliers for sub-standard materials or equipment.
The Successful Applicant
We invite an experienced professional with an eye for business driven process improvement and efficiency avenues. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent, and regional team driving individual to raise the bar of productivity and consistency. To be successful you must come with:
- Preferably more than 5 years of experience in purchasing/sourcing/buying operation and proven track record in sourcing on mechanical and electrical parts/components.
- Those who works within the manufacturing industry is of advantage.
- Strong character who provides direction and thrives in a challenging and difficult environment.
- High levels of drive for results, solution-based attitude, motivational tactics, and use of performance management - goal orientated.
- Able to relate, connect, and work with strong and tough management for driving growth.
- Methodical and logical approach to problem solving - seeks, identifies and resolves hidden problems, continuous improvement mindset.
- Organisational Agility - Multi-tasker who can manage/orchestrate multiple activities.
- Commercial orientation - understanding the key drivers of business performance.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Working for a prominent multinational engineering & technology company.
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.
Interested applicants can click APPLY NOW to attach your CV, or visit https://www.ambition.com.sg/disciplines/supply-chain-and-procurement-jobs to drop your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidate will be notified. #LI-GGA
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1872927