Python Developer (6 months contract)
Index - Python Developer (6 months contract)
Market Data & Connectivity
Reporting to the Head of Index Business
This role will have responsibility for building out indices for structured product issuers, fund managers and ETF issuers. Primary focus is based on new index development with a particular focus on using Python to implement index strategies across themes, strategies and asset classes.
This role will be largely autonomous and will require both technical portfolio construction acumen and strong relationships with key partners and clients.
- Degree in mathematics, finance or engineering with minimum 2-3 years of working experience in quantitative role within a bank or asset management firm.
- 1-2 years of working experience programming in Python with a focus on quantitative libraries such as Numpy/ Scipy/ Pandas.
- Strong math background, comfortable with concepts like linear algebra, optimization and working with complex financial models.
- Experience with data vendor terminals (e.g. Bloomberg, Factset or Reuters).
- Working knowledge of SQL will be advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving experience, analytical, project management, and communication skills a must.
Should you be keen, please send your most updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org