Reference/Static Data Analyst (12 months contract)
|Salary:||S$54000 - S$66000 per annum|
This role presents the successful candidate with the opportunity for global exposure in a wide variety of financial products, operational processes and systems, which opens up the possibilities for further opportunities in related career paths. The role is specifically in the SSI function in APAC, which involves accurate and timely set up of SSI related static data in various operational systems. These services include process and system access controls, with independent risk assessments, as well as the definition and distribution of Management Information (MI) supporting the key Group Data processes and controls.
- Execute data maintenance in static systems such as client and SSI data creation, amendment, validation, deactivation, repair and enrichment of records.
- Perform callbacks to validate settlement instructions, with counterparties, liaison with trade support and settlements areas
- Perform root cause analysis and research on process exception, data quality issues etc to support our key internal client who reply on the data we maintain to execute and settle transactions on a timely basis
- Monitor, manage and mitigate data quality breaks, minimizing operational risks issues associated with data maintenance in the production operation
- Proactively understand Customer SSI maintenance requests from key internal clients, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand the business areas that the group supports and manage workflow based on customer / market priority and sensitivities.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of the data integrity of the function and action all requests with a control based mindset.
- Identify trends / common themes and work with the Line Manager to address those gaps.
- To conduct a review of various control reports and take action as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate handover to other members of the team across region
- Address any ad-hoc queries from internal clients.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders / users in order to foster strong relationship between Group CDO and other areas.
- Participate in various tactical and strategic initiatives involving / impacting Reference Data.
- Identify ways of improving workflow design through changing business and user requirements.
- Develop an understanding of Peripheral areas that rely on Reference Data services - e.g. Credit Risk management, Financial Control etc.
- Act as a primary point of contact for queries and BAU support requirements.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to staff to enhance their professional skillsets
- Attend calls with global counterparts, where required.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant discipline
- 2-3 years relevant banking experience in Operations/ Settlements / Reference Data
- Good attention to detail - accuracy, control and timeliness are critical success factors
- Good problem solving & prioritization skills
- Excellent written and Oral communication skills
- Team work - ability to work as part of a team, willing to take on tasks as workflow dictates
- Good time management - ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure & adhere to deadlines
- Flexible work approach - be willing to operate within shift environment (Shift starts 8am/9am/10:30am)
- Availability to work a share of Singapore Public Holidays. Time off in lieu will be given for public holidays worked
- Customer Service Focus - must be able to work with our customers to ensure that we have provide a high and consistent standard of service
- Control Orientation - should have an appreciation of importance of segregation of duties and the need to maintain data integrity of static data
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience in Reference Data operations roles including trade support and settlements experience highly desirable.
If you are available for work immediately and is comfortable with a 12-month contract, please send in your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257