Reinsurance Claims Analyst (12 months contract)
|Salary:||S$4000 - S$5000 per month|
As a Reinsurance Claims Analyst, you will play a critical role in the handling and supervising the insurance firm's Asian Reinsurance claims book.
Expect to work in a small team closely with your Claims Manager and fellow Claims colleagues in order to maintain the best claims services towards our clients and internal stakeholders.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Proactive review, reconciliation, processing and adjustment of claims (following internal claims guidelines and processes) - from first loss advice through to loss reserving updates up to claim settlements; for non-proportional and proportional treaty and facultative reinsurance claims/programs.
- Check claim coverage, treaty/risk limits and process/book relevant claims data (incl. reinstatement premiums) reported by clients (brokers or cedants) electronically, assuring accuracy and integrity of the technical claim bookings in proprietary Claims system
- Verify, prepare and process outgoing claim settlement requests and general claim related administrative requests from clients (brokers or cedants) in close cooperation with Technical Accounting, Finance and Shared Service Centers
- Conduct ad hoc data cleansing/refinement tasks, based on specified data quality control/'housekeeping' reports
- Investigate inconsistencies, claim/account discrepancies and related issues and raise/resolve these independently or in cooperation with the Reinsurance Claims Manager
- Closely cooperate with the Technical Accounting team in respect of Proportional claims, event aggregation and its payments
- Cooperate and support/coach offshored Claims team in Shared Service Centers
- Provide value and insight to the Reinsurance Claims Manager, Underwriters and Actuaries in respect of claims issues, loss reporting and/or large/loss information, etc.
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end and year-end claim reserves reconciliations, supporting financial closing and reporting processe
- Assist the Reinsurance Claims Manager in the collation of data, respond to queries raised by internal and/or external parties in a confident, timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinating and managing communication with internal and external stakeholders (Cedents/Brokers, Underwriting, Actuarial, Head of Claims, Senior Management, etc.) providing consistent high quality claims services.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent), preferably in Law although Economics, Finance or Accounting may be considered
Solid 3 to 5 years of experience technical Reinsurance Claims skills, seasoned in the handling of Reinsurance claims (mainly P&C, Marine and Engineering)
- Analytical approach, diligent and accurate working style, flair for numbers, excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry and claim data output
- Proactive mind-set, willingness to work independently in an international, matrix organized, fast-paced and dynamic environment, demonstrating strong prioritization and time management skills and delivering against tight deadlines
- Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude.
- Comfortable by taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action whilst working effectively within a team. Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a strong collaborator. Establish and maintain productive and professional working relationships with peers, management and colleagues from other departments. Capable of working and collaborating with virtual teams
- Knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first class claims service towards internal and external stakeholders and clients
- Demonstrate the ability to implement consistent and effective processes
- Continuous Improvement Focused: Willing to ask questions and explore new ideas. Eager to learn and focused on continuously improving technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Able to communicate and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels of sophistication
- Advanced know how in the Microsoft suite of products
Experienced Claims Analyst are encouraged to send in their resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1219081