Risk and Control Analyst (6 month contract)
|Salary:||S$42000 - S$45600 per annum|
As one of the world's leading Investment Banks, our client is looking for an Operations candidate with keen interest to take on an operational risk position with their BPS Risk and Control department. Your job responsibilities with include:
APAC BPS Risk and Control
- Prepare the monthly Control Review Meeting with BPS senior management. This includes facilitating the meeting where required and working in partnership with the N4/5 line management to ensure that all key risks are well understood and that relevant issues are escalated.
- Work with line management to support Audit/SOX /CAF/RCSA/Regulatory Examinations, QAR and associated follow up actions.
- Understand and be fully conversant on the Investment Banking Funds/ Asset Transfer Policy (GP-00059-S03). Understand the dispensation process, provide metrics and reporting as required regarding APAC BPS dispensations. Act as an escalation point for any Funds Transfer Policy related queries.
- Work with line management to identify and ensure operational incidents/losses are reported timely in the Firm's incident/loss monitoring system and risk assess each event to ensure appropriate remediation action is taken. Perform regular thematic read across to ensure risk is mitigated across other processes.
- Act as main point of contact for BPS and Corporate Secretaries for APAC Legal Entities and coordinate additions and deletions to Authorised Signatory Lists (Internal & External). Perform semi annual reconciliations of internal & external signatory lists.
- Complete SOX testing for the BPS Owned SOX controls. Escalate any issues and non-compliance to controls and Funds Transfer Policy identified during testing to Management as required
- Participate in any ad hoc projects as required (e.g. DLP controls).
What we are looking for is a candidate with 2-3 years of operations experience or a comparable environment in the Investment/ Private Banking industry. Prior Operations Risk Management or Audit experience is preferred but not essential. In addition, the candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Intermediate Powerpoint, Word & Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- The ability to understand and document complex processes, procedures and controls.
- The ability to identify and articulate Operational risks within complex processes.
- A Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is preferred but not essential
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257