Senior Analyst / Specialist, Financial Reporting & Accounting
My client is looking for an external auditor with Risk Based Capital knowledge looking to move in house to gain commercial experience or or Insurance Finance. In this role, you will report to Head of Financial Reporting.
- Compile data and perform financial analysis to ensure data completeness and accuracy in both onshore and offshore insurance fund P&L and Balance Sheet between underwriting and financial accounting system.
- Consolidate and prepare regulatory and statutory reporting on a quarterly and annual basis and ensure the reports are prepared in accordance with the accounting standards, MAS RBC 2 and other statutory requirements. This includes quarterly capital projections and annual stress testing.
- Provide financial analysis of the consolidated insurance results for Manager.
- Evaluate financial and accounting procedures and make recommendations for changes to procedures and control functions.
- Manage all filing deadlines and ensure compliance to procedural and reporting standards, both Group and Regulatory & Statutory requirements.
- Liaise with external actuaries and auditors for actuarial and audit related matters and queries. This includes communicating with other business functions on data requirements and resolving audit issues.
- Assist Manager in finance projects and other new financial reporting standards such as RBC 2 refinements and IFRS 17, but not limited to providing solutions to reporting systems implementation such as data specifications and chart of accounts.
Who are we looking for:
- Degree in Accountancy &/or recognised accounting qualification ACCA/CPA/CIMA.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience (at least 2 years of experience in similar capacity in the General Insurance/ Reinsurance industry). Candidates with more years of experience may be considered for a Specialist role.
- Ideally internal / external audit experience with a strong focus in the insurance market and solid background in MAS Risk Based Capital (RBC) Framework.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently and under own initiative.
Please kindly send your CV to Shereen.email@example.com . If you would like to be considered for this role. Our consultant will be in touch with you once you are selected for this role.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Business Registration Number : 200611680D | Licence Number : 10C5117 | EA Registration Number:R1107874
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.