Senior Claims Specialist (6 months contract)
|Location:||Singapore River, Singapore|
|Salary:||S$5000 - S$6000 per month|
This is a 6 months maternity cover contract role with a possibility of further extension, depending on heaadcount availability and your performance.
We are working on this contract role with an insurance company and they are looking for a marine claims expert to join their team of 5-6 people. Claims are multi-jurisdictional with clients across the Asia region and with claims occurring across the world.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Client servicing, liaison with underwriters and reporting to management.
- Manage the adjustment of reinsurance and insurance claims up to given handling and settlement authority.
- Negotiate and liaise with insureds, brokers, cedants, loss adjusters and other experts in order to meet corporate objectives and targets
- Oversee claims administration, including but not limited to process claims advices & settlements, liaise with accounts department on payments, ensure that claims are entered onto system correctly and in a timely manner and ensure that reports are prepared correctly and given to management on time.
- Maintain and diarize tasks to ensure that claims are kept updated so that they can be dealt with efficiently, timely and in accordance with corporation objectives and targets.
- Ensure claims are handled in line with the procedures.
- Ensure that accurate reports / figures are provided to Underwriters for marketing and renewals purposes.
- Set up and maintain database to record claims and another to record details of service providers in line with corporate objectives and targets.
- Support the Underwriters in marketing efforts and risk selection and to make occasional market presentations to raise profile of the team.
- Exhibits determination to grow the claims team and ability to demonstrate leadership to new members in the team.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Qualification: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: 5+ years' direct claims experience preferred. Sound knowledge of key product line(s) and regulatory environment.
- Up to date appreciation of the technical requirements of the role
- Proven ability in identifying and analysing problems, creating good solutions, deploying sound decision making skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst a wide and demanding client group
- First class report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a confident and articulate presenter to internal/external audiences, exercising appropriate discretion in dealing with people from all levels of the Company
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Able to organise self (and others if applicable) including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, completing tasks to tight deadlines. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action (using initiative) whilst working effectively within a team.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically Excel (including ability to manage if not write macros), Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in a Financial Services environment
- Proven track record of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first class customer service internally and/or externally
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters, with a strong desire to challenge and deliver.
Senior Claims specialists who are available on short notice and open to take on a contract role with a good insurance firm are encouraged to apply for the role, please send me your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257