Senior Claims Specialist (6 months contract)
This is a 6 months maternity cover contract role with a possibility of further extension, depending on heaadcount availability and your performance.
We are working on this contract role with an insurance company and they are looking for a marine claims expert to join their team of 5-6 people. Claims are multi-jurisdictional with clients across the Asia region and with claims occurring across the world.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Client servicing, liaison with underwriters and reporting to management.
- Manage the adjustment of reinsurance and insurance claims up to given handling and settlement authority.
- Negotiate and liaise with insureds, brokers, cedants, loss adjusters and other experts in order to meet corporate objectives and targets
- Oversee claims administration, including but not limited to process claims advices & settlements, liaise with accounts department on payments, ensure that claims are entered onto system correctly and in a timely manner and ensure that reports are prepared correctly and given to management on time.
- Maintain and diarize tasks to ensure that claims are kept updated so that they can be dealt with efficiently, timely and in accordance with corporation objectives and targets.
- Ensure claims are handled in line with the procedures.
- Ensure that accurate reports / figures are provided to Underwriters for marketing and renewals purposes.
- Set up and maintain database to record claims and another to record details of service providers in line with corporate objectives and targets.
- Support the Underwriters in marketing efforts and risk selection and to make occasional market presentations to raise profile of the team.
- Exhibits determination to grow the claims team and ability to demonstrate leadership to new members in the team.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Qualification: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: 5+ years' direct claims experience preferred. Sound knowledge of key product line(s) and regulatory environment.
- Up to date appreciation of the technical requirements of the role
- Proven ability in identifying and analysing problems, creating good solutions, deploying sound decision making skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst a wide and demanding client group
- First class report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a confident and articulate presenter to internal/external audiences, exercising appropriate discretion in dealing with people from all levels of the Company
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Able to organise self (and others if applicable) including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, completing tasks to tight deadlines. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action (using initiative) whilst working effectively within a team.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically Excel (including ability to manage if not write macros), Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in a Financial Services environment
- Proven track record of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first class customer service internally and/or externally
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters, with a strong desire to challenge and deliver.
Senior Claims specialists who are available on short notice and open to take on a contract role with a good insurance firm are encouraged to apply for the role, please send me your CV at email@example.com.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.