Senior IT Operations Engineer - 1 year contract
Our client is a fortune 500 company manufactures products and provides engineering services for a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Due to our continued growth and success, they is seeking a Senior IT Operations Engineer to support our growing, global development teams.
For this role, You will support the product development teams through automated provisioning and optimization of cloud infrastructure, collaborate with the senior architects to design and build cloud-based development environments to support our global team, work closely with development teams throughout the development cycle, employing automation techniques for secure, efficient, scalable and cost-effective build processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent
- Previous experience working with development teams in a DevOps role, with a demonstrated understanding of the entire development lifecycle
- Strong expertise in cloud services (Azure, AWS, etc), including proven experience with automation through use of cloud templates (including IaaS and PaaS deployments)
- Very strong scripting expertise in Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.
- Very strong experience in networking and network models
- Experience in updating threat models and developing solutions to defined network and security gap analysis
- Practical understanding of tools used throughout the secure development cycle, such as Microsoft VSTS, Git, TeamCity, Octopus, etc.
- Knowledge of containerization methods and tools (e.g. Docker) for managing development environments would be a definite asset
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL Server
- Broad infrastructure expertise in Windows and Linux environments, ideally including prior system administration experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a real passion for technology and a desire to help people
Licence Number: 10C5117 EA registration Number R1219081