Senior Legal counsel
|Salary:||S$10000.00 - S$18000.00 per annum|
We're looking for an exceptional lawyer who will be able to efficiently deliver high quality work, and will have substantial experience effectively advising on and negotiating large commercial programs by deploying a strategic, outcome based perspective to transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide array of commercial agreements with government and institutional clients, including master services agreements, other client and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, subcontractor and partnership agreements and nondisclosure agreements; and technology transactional matters in compliance with applicable regulations;
- Be experienced in quickly and independently redlining and custom-drafting legal documents;
- Implement and help to develop and champion Affinity's contracting and other policies and processes and provide assistance to seek approvals on deviations of contract or other policies;
- Provide general counseling and management of a full spectrum of business and legal issues, which, in addition to general commercial matters, may include licensing and intellectual property topics, human resources and employment matters, data protection, competition law and trade regulations, conflicts of interests, and other legal matters;
- Identify risks and issues; suggest alternative solutions;
- Act as bridge and point of contact between functions and business for resolving legal issues;
- Contribute to developing and maintaining Legal Team know-how, templates, technology solutions, and other key enablers;
- Manage workflows outsourced to external firms;
- Managing and directing cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with privacy laws including General Data Protections Regulations (GDPR) and data security.
- Conducting investigations in the event of data breaches and reporting findings and recommendations for improvements; and
- Performing other duties as required.
Ideal candidate requirements
- A degree in Law from an accredited law school and admitted to practice;
- At least 10+ years of commercial contracting experience with government & large corporate entities as well as international exposure;
- 5+ years with a reputable law firm preferable; prior relevant in-house experience preferred;
- Experience in governance, data privacy regulations, employment law and/or trade regulations will be looked upon favourably
- Experience managing direct reports preferable;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills