Senior Operational Risk Officer
||S$60000 - S$96000 per annum
We are seeking an experienced Ops Risk candidate who is willing to consider a 6 month contract role with this international bank with a potential to be converted based on performance.
- To ensure the Enterprise Risk Management Framework is effectively embedded in the Operational Risk Framework, Policies and Procedures and that these are communicated across the Group.
- To ensure that the Operational Risk Framework, Policies and Procedures are aligned to Prudential Standards for Operational Risk
- To be a focal point of contact for Operational Risk Policies & Procedures
- To assure all Operational Risk regulatory returns
- Support Senior Operational Risk Officer, Policy & Procedures to ensure the Enterprise Risk Management Framework is effectively embedded in the Operational Risk Framework
Processes in Operational Risk
- Contribute through the assigned role purpose to design, implement, certify and maintain operational risk capabilities, skills, and infrastructure to meet ongoing business needs and plans.
- Support Senior Operational Risk Officer, Policy & Procedures in their capacity as an identified first line process owner for Group OR Processes.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the Operational Risk function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of operational risk management processes.
- Establish Operational Risk Policies and Procedures to support the ORF.
- Support Senior Operational Risk Officer, Policy & Procedures in the ongoing maintenance of GOR Policies and Procedures (incorporating all relevant changes, including: changes to ERMF; changes to external regulation; actions from regulators; internal enhancements).
- Maintain the Operational Risk SharePoint site
- Ensure all Operational Risk Policies and Procedures are communicated in accordance with the GOR Policy & Procedure Release Guidelines.
People and Talent
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Operational Risk function from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits.
- Lead through example and embed the Group's values and code of conduct in the Operational Risk function to drive adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Align the Operational Risk Framework to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application across all areas.
- Contribute to ensure the input of Group OR to risk committees is of sufficient quality in order to comply with the Prudential Compliance Framework and additional regulatory requirements.
- Support Senior Operational Risk Officer, Policy & Procedures in providing internal reports and papers, as required, to Risk Governance committees
- Support Senior Operational Risk Officer, Policy & Procedures to develop and maintain standards for ORF which are objective, consistent, and compliant with applicable regulations.
- Ensure Risk Ownership for operational risk sub-types owned by the Group Head, Operational Risk are delegated to suitable named individuals in Group and globally.
- Have a high level of understanding of the requirements of the Group's key external stakeholders in respect of operational risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures.
- Act as the co-ordinator for the Prudential Compliance Framework (PCF) applicable to Operational Risk. Provide assurance to the Group Head Operational Risk that controls are operational and effective for all line items within the PCF.
- Independently assure all external operational loss returns prior to submission to the Regulator, External party and for inclusion in the Group Annual Report.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Market Knowledge: Substantial experience at the highest level in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Business Strategy and Model: Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity. Results oriented, with demonstrable experience in driving complex change management.
- Risk Management and Control: Demonstrated track record in successful management and ability to manage risk in geographically dispersed and highly varied product base. Expertise in process design and control initiatives
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the Group Head, Operational Risk role.
- Non-technical Skills: Significant relationship management experience - with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels.
Experienced Ops Risk personnel are highly encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format .
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257