Senior Project IFRS17
My client is a leading insurance brand in the market. It is business a is looking for a senior finance professional to join their group finance team where you will be accountable to the Global Heads and work closely with the business as a trusted advisor and partner.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with developing a broad skill-set, ranging from Stakeholder management at the highest level and building relationships with advisory/project partners at the Big 4. You will use your existing strong technical accounting knowledge and experience to be the main point of contact for IFRS 17 projects, amongst various other ad hoc implementations, and raise the profile of the team within the group.
In This Role the Responsibilities Will Include
- To provide IFRS17 implementation accounting advice to all business lines and support functions across the Group in line with accounting policies.
- Proactively supporting the business in identifying accounting solutions arising in new transactions and new business initiatives.
- Participating in the business and Group governance processes for new business proposals.
- Maintains internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Resolve often complex accounting queries impacting the business in a timely manner.
- Proactively support IFRS 17 and Group accounting policy development and implementation within the business.
- Working closely with Group Regulatory Policy to understand wider regulatory and capital impacts of business activities.
- Engaging proactively with the other Accounting Advisory teams across regions and highlight accounting judgements for discussion.
- To provide support, accounting advice and guidance to all businesses.
Understanding technically complex accounting requirements, both the technical analysis and the business context.
- Building relationships and influencing business areas and support functions.
Keeping up to date with a rapidly changing accounting and regulatory environment.
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following Experience
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS17 requirements and their practical consequences
- Background in insurance accounting or insurance actuarial, with strong knowledge of embedded value and economic solvency frameworks highly advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering complex change programmes across a large matrix of stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems with multiple constraints
- Experience from partnering closely with teams and stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Proven leadership ability and team working skills, ideally in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, and conflicting priorities
If you believe you fit the requirements for the role, please click APPLY NOW or send CV directly to Shereen.email@example.com
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Business Registration Number : 200611680D | Licence Number : 10C5117 | EA Registration Number : R1107874
Ensure timeliness in the monthly closing process/cycle through proper coordination with various Finance sections and departments and review of monthly accounts