senior QA engineer
- Participate effectively in relevant aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) including planning, construction, testing, reviews and demonstrations.
- Develop test plans, specifications, cases and scripts.
- Support automated script development and execution with QA Automation.
- Input all documented data conditions to execute test cases, process those tests, generates test results, and analyzes results to ensure quality standards and the software meets/exceeds documented business requirements.
- Submit potential deficiencies in the defect tracking system.
- Interface with product development, product management, support, and other organizations to resolve possible product deficiencies to ensure entrance/entry criteria is met and conforms to design and business requirements.
- Develop testing estimates and schedules, tracks and records testing progress and confidence levels
- Recommend new tools, techniques and methodologies needed to enhance productivity and quality
- Perform leadership activities for the project QA team including; strategy, scheduling and task assignments, and team coaching and training
- Prepare for and takes part in testing activities for weeknight or weekend Production deployments and re mediation
Ideal candidate requirements
- 6+ years of software Quality Assurance experience, contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools with a focus on web based applications
- Experience with Quality testing of mobile applications
- Scripting, Automation and Technical
- Selenium and Protractor experience
- HP LoadRunner
- Project Management of Test Planning & Coordination
- Good experience writing unit and functional test cases.
- Experience with coordinating regression test with other teams and integration partners.
- Develop test plans, specifications and write cases.
- System Knowledge & Analysis
- Must be able to write SQL CRUD queries.
- Experience with testing and analyzing SOAP, WSDL, XML, JSON, REST.
- Ability to analyze code and scripts.
- Agile Development Methodology
- Experience working on a Scrum team and work with Agile tools, such as Rally.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Drive to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Experience in working with distributed team members.
- Detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.