Senior Support Engineer
|Salary:||S$50000.00 - S$70000.00 per annum + variable bonus|
The Support Engineer / Senior Support Engineer* leads a team to provide IT support services. The candidate is meticulous and possesses good analytical and problem solving skills. He is proactive to identify preventive measures to mitigate recurring incidents and oversee the release planning and deployment.
He is able to communicate effectively with users and internally when managing the tasks/issues.
* Seniority of the position commensurate with the depth of knowledge and experience
- 7+ years web and mobile application production support
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Experience with various Singapore Government or Statutory IT compliance standards will be an advantage.
- Working experience in SDLC, Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence or other collaborative platforms.
- Good understanding of App/Web Server, SQL Database and Mobile development configuration and setup.
- Understanding of CI/CD methodology and tools like MS Devops, AWS CodePipeline.
- The ability to take initiative and work independently with very little supervision.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong Database skills, MS SQL, MySQL
- Hands on with MS Sharepoint and Java
- Knowledge of SCM especially Git and Bitbucket.
- Able to troubleshoot on web portals API and read server/app logs to find the related symptoms of the issues encountered. (i.e. Java)
Able to grasp knowledge of the application business logics.
- Manage government agencies and their expectations via skillful negotiation to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Service Level Agreement is met.
- Oversee the implementation of corrective, preventive and adaptive maintenance
- Lead the collaboration within teams to assess, classify, prioritize, diagnose issues
- Lead and brainstorm on possible root causes to identify interim and permanent solution
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive knowledge base for L1 screening prior to L2 escalation
- Create project specific Operation SOP
- Schedule system health check to maintain system availability and reliability
- Identify and fix Web and Mobile Application related bugs or bottleneck issues to meet Service Level Agreements
- Implement of corrective, preventive and adaptive maintenance
- Consolidate progress for upward reporting
- Assist to ensure all Software Engineering teams comply with source code management, software releases, configuration updates, and other end to end CI/CD requirements.