- Responsible for the profitability, growth and retention of assigned book of business that is consistent with overall business line objectives.
- Review applications and other relevant underwriting information of accounts to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and authority.
- Demonstrates technical underwriting skills through strategic account review and file documentation.
- Understands pricing components, rating methodology and prices risk based on underwriting analysis.
- Identify and develop key production sources to develop new business opportunities that lead to department growth.
- Adhere to department underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Degree or equivalent qualification is required
- Minimum 5 years working experience within the insurance industry
- Use of risk profiling and pricing tools and loss models
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
- Strong business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding
- Ability to analyse data and use for decision-making
- Possess industry professional certifications
Business Registration Number : 200611680D | Licence Number : 10C5117 | EA Registration Number : R1874268