- Responsible for the profitability, growth and retention of assigned book of business that is consistent with overall business line objectives.
- Review applications and other relevant underwriting information of accounts to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and authority.
- Demonstrates technical underwriting skills through strategic account review and file documentation.
- Understands pricing components, rating methodology and prices risk based on underwriting analysis.
- Identify and develop key production sources to develop new business opportunities that lead to department growth.
- Adhere to department underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Degree or equivalent qualification is required
- Minimum 5 years working experience within the insurance industry
- Use of risk profiling and pricing tools and loss models
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
- Strong business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding
- Ability to analyse data and use for decision-making
- Possess industry professional certifications
Business Registration Number : 200611680D | Licence Number : 10C5117 | EA Registration Number : R1874268
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.