Senior Virtualisation Specialist (DC) - 6 months contract
Our client is in banking and financial services which operates in a network of more than 1,200 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people.
For this role as a member of the Virtualisation DC Migration support team, You will be responsible for all the migration in relates to virtualisation space. Identify and decommission legacy physical ESX servers in existing DC, Consolidation of VMware virtual clusters based on OS (Windows / Unix) to improve the business efficiency and achieve cost avoidance from license front. Provide level 2/3 expertise in problem resolution. Ensure highest level of ownership, accountability and service are maintained within the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 10+ years of relevant working experience with minimum of 3+ years of experience in Virtualization domain.
- Experience with x86 Servers and Blades, Storage and Backup Infrastructure and DataCenter networking is a prerequisite.
- Experience in migration of VMware Virtual infra between DCs.
- The scope includes V2V / P2V / Lift & drop of physical ESX servers / Migration of Hitachi storage from existing to new DCs.
- Experience in VMware vSphere upgrade from 5.x to 6.x is an added advantage.
- Good techno-commercial as well as good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Independent and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong operational process management expertise, experience of ITIL or other IT operations framework.
- Able to multitask, works under pressure and at the same time deliver high quality result against tight deadlines.
Should you be keen on the role, please send your CV to Raymond de Amboy email@example.com or call +65 6854 5644 for a confidential chat.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117. EA Personnel Registration Number: R1219081.