Structured Credit Line Controller (6 month contract)
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
This internationally renowned Investment Bank has Product Control teams across London, New York, South Africa, India and the Asia Pacific region. Product Control is primarily responsible for understanding, substantiating and controlling the daily trading balance sheet and income statement for the bank. This includes;
- The production of a comprehensive daily trading P&L and balance sheet
- The execution of regular independent price verification, ensuring that the appropriate accounting principles are applied
- Partnering with the firm's business areas and other support groups in facilitating new products and initiatives
- Developing and reporting management accounting information
If successfully appointed you will be joining a team who will be enhancing process, reporting and controls whilst ensuring the flawless execution of BAU. The team will also balance the delivery of critical projects whilst identifying those that are strategic and those that are tactical.
- The primary function of Product Control is to work closely with all business stakeholders in achieving the objectives of the firm, in compliance with all relevant regulations and reporting requirements.
- In particular, it is the responsibility of Product Control to ensure the accuracy and integrity of revenues generated by the desk, to ensure the balance sheet and risk systems accurately reflect risks involved in business activities and to ensure that the general ledger properly reflects the P&L and positions relating to the products traded.
- Further PCG is required to provide detailed commentary and MIS for senior management on the business, analyzing significant market and position factors contributing to these results, as well as reports for regulatory capital calculations.
This section should include:
- Take membership role within BNC PCG team, covering Structured Finance desks
- Effectively manage FO stakeholders across different regions by actively engaging traders in dialogue and making it a personal habit to fully understand assigned books' trading strategies, P&L and balance sheet drivers and risks.
- Timely and accurate reporting of Trading P&L to the desk and PCG Management from the sub-ledgers
- Explain formal P&L to the traders using P&L attribution and Greeks
- Ensure integrity of reported P&L to the sub-ledgers by reviewing control checks
- Significant deals trade reviews to explain revenue economics to stakeholders
- Ensure trading activity in the assigned books complies with firm policies
- ACA / CPA / CFA / Masters in Finance (preferred)
- Top tier university - 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Product Control or related function
- Experience with fixed income derivatives (credit / rates / FX)
- Experience within a top tier investment bank
- Familiarity with Credit products preferred
- Financial products knowledge
- Understand Greeks (Credit / IR / FX delta, theta, volatility)
- Understand credit, FX and interest rate risks and how they impact P&L
- Strong control awareness
- Attention to detail/Analytical
- Proactive and change focused
If you have at least 2-3 years of Product Control/Finance experience with strong product knowledge of derivatives products, please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com at the earliest instance.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257