Technical Purchasing - Ship Chandler Firm
Permanent, West Singapore
- A dynamic company with strong brand in Asia Pacific
- Solid clientele throughout the world
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of an expert supply chain solution firm
About our client:
Our respected client is a well-known firm with solid presence in Asia Pacific. With major experiences in providing thorough procurement & supply solutions as well as engineering & maintenance solutions, they are geared for growth in Asia Pacific. The key success of this business is to continue innovating and optimizing their service by providing cost and time effective solutions. During this dynamic time, they are looking for a Technical Purchaser to be part of their team in Singapore.
You will be managing the technical supplies. This role is reporting to the Purchasing Team Lead. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Procure items at the best prices from the best sources.
- Compare item quality and pricing between different vendors and negotiate pricing accordingly.
- Generate purchaser order and purchase requisition.
- Follow up on execution of procurement orders and requisition.
- Register approved vendors in system.
- Communicate with overseas vendor for stock replenishment
- Coordinate with other department to establish strong purchasing process with document control
- Maintain supplier resources platform and relationship
- Ensure continuous supply of goods and communicate any problems which may pose any risk or impact to business operations.
The Successful Applicant
We invite a procurement professional within the ship chandler industry willing to learn and push the boundaries of technical purchasing. The successful applicant should have a sharp eye within the technical procurement. To be successful you must come with:
- Preferably comes with 2 years in technical purchasing within the ship chandler industry.
- Great analytical and negotiation skills
- Solid teaming trait, especially during crisis management.
- Solid proven integrity and strong acumen in analysis of given challenges
- Modern, energetic, self-starter, display initiative and proposes pragmatic new ideas / approaches
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Career growth opportunities with added responsibilities.
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.
Interested applicants can click APPLY NOW to attach your CV, or visit https://www.ambition.com.sg/disciplines/supply-chain-and-procurement-jobs to drop your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidate will be notified. #LI-SC
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1872927
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.