Treasury Product Control (6 months contact)
This is to cover someone going on maternity leave for 6 months and working location is at Raffles Place. The client we are working with is a globally renowned Investment Bank with huge presence in most countries.
The primary function of Product Control (PC) is to work closely with all business stakeholders in achieving the objectives of the firm, in compliance with all relevant regulations and reporting requirements. PC ensures the accuracy and integrity of revenues generated by the desk, to ensure the balance sheet and risk systems accurately reflect risks involved in business activities and to ensure that the general ledger properly reflects the P&L and positions relating to the products traded. This role will provide Line PC support for the Funding and Short Term Investments (Treasury) business for Asia Pacific.
- Responsible for the daily P&L production process, including commentaries, explanation of Actual vs. Flash P&L variances, P&L attribution analysis, Clean/ Hypo PnL submission.
- Adhere to the control and governance principles of product control function, including preparation and substantiation of adjustments, review and analysis of new deals and amendments, FOBO reconciliations and trader mandate monitoring.
- Balance Sheet substantiation at month end
- Manage process of introducing new products to be traded by Business, which involves working with relevant parties to identify and resolve potential system, valuation, accounting, risk, regulatory etc issues. Ensure a smooth and rigorous process to support the new products, with necessary controls in place.
- Process development through maintenance of updated documentation and improvements to bring about greater efficiency and control.
- Production of weekly and monthly MIS reporting to senior management as well as various analysis and ad-hoc reporting requested by Business and other finance groups
- Front Office - ability to hold conversations with the Desk on PnL queries, challenge on PnL, flash vs formal variances, trading activity, etc.
- Investigate issues independently and provide suggestions on fix to Line Manager. Examples include fixing SAP-TDB mapping rules, clearing action points in Adjustment Review, Management Review Pack etc.
- ACA / CPA / CFA / Top tier university - 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Line PC experience and Financial Product knowledge - particularly around derivative and cash products
- Demonstrate appreciation of controls, process enhancement and improvement
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Experienced with MS Office (strong Excel skills)
- Experience within a top tier investment bank
- Previous exposure to money market and derivative products
- VBA macro skill
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117. EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.