VP, Financial Crime Assurance (6 months contract)
|Salary:||S$150000 - S$180000 per annum|
The Financial Crime function is part of the Compliance division and is responsible for positioning the bank to effectively mitigate the risks of products and services being abused for the purposes of money laundering, terrorism financing, or other financial crime.
This team is responsbile for implementing a compliance framework to meet the requirements of anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, anti-bribery & corruption and economic sanctions laws and regulations.
As the Vice President for Financial Crime Assurance, you will be responsible for leading and executing assurance reviews on product, geographic and functional lines as directed by Global Leads and/or Regional Heads. In addition, you will be a member of a resource pool, providing assurance across all financial crime areas as required.
- Being a role model for the bank's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
- Execution of Assurance review fieldwork, as directed by Global Leads and/or Regional Heads.
- Directing, supervising and reviewing the work of members of the team assigned to specific reviews.
- Drafting of review scopes, testing, review of documentation, documentation of results, and preparing draft assurance reports.
- Assist other review leads (as applicable) with planning and execution of Design Effectiveness and Operating Effectives testing by uniformly applying the methodology and quality standards, focusing the work on key Financial Crime regulations and risks.
- Proposing action plans to address root causes.
- Partnership with other areas of Financial Crime, investigate issues (actual or perceived) as directed by Global Leads and/or Regional Heads.
- Bachelor's degree preferable.
- 5+ years of experience in Legal, Compliance or Audit.
- Previous experience in Financial Crime, Conformance Testing, Quality Assurance, Investigations or Audit .
- Experience in supervising junior team members.
- Have experience in Compliance, Financial Crime and/or Internal Audit (or equivalent).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tough and resilient personality. Confident and positive individual able to communicate with clarity and purpose both in written and verbal formats. Able to communicate compliance issues in a non-technical way.
- Display professional skepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and adapting their style, as necessary.
- Provide suggestions to Financial Crime Management as to how they can address control issues raised and/or non-compliance to policy.
- Individual with relevant regulatory experience. Understanding of the regulatory requirements that affect the bank globally, with particular reference to trends and the likely future regime.
- Knowledge of Financial Crime best practices and act as an ambassador for Financial Crime.
- Reviews to maximize impact of Assurance work across the Financial Crime areas.
- Through engagement with Financial Crime and the business, play an active role in sharing 'what good looks like', poor practices and lessons learned as well as the role of Assurance in Financial Crime.
Qualified candidates with at least 8 years of experience in compliance or internal audit are encouraged to apply.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257