VP, Portfolio Construction & Risk Management, Fund Management
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||HK$1000000.00 - HK$1500000.00 per annum + Discretionary Bonus|
Our client is a well-established fund management company with a prestigious international brand name. As part of business growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experience Portfolio & Investment Risk Management Professional to join the Investment Team, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the regional head of the function, you will be a senior member of the regional team, focusing on equities portfolio construction and risk management advisory, working directly with the fundamental portfolio managers and senior management on portfolio construction and risk matters. You will monitor the equities portfolios regularly and perform deep analysis and reporting, analysing the portfolios in a creative way using risk models, applying knowledge from both quantitative and fundamental methods. As a senior member of the team, you will be involved in fund reviews as part of the first line of defence on the investment risk management process with the aim to focus on clients needs and not just by reducing the amount of risk being taken. Interacting closely with the equities team, you will research into equity portfolio construction challenges and provide thought leadership on portfolio construction, quantitative and portfolio risk analysis.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- A university degree with qualifications in risk management, mathematics, statistics or quantitative finance would be ideal
- Around 10 - 15 years relevant experience in portfolio risk analysis / management, portfolio construction, quantitative finance, quantitative research gained from buy-side or sell-side
- Experience gained from traditional Asset Management companies would be ideal, candidates with relevant experience focusing on equities from investment banks or hedge funds would also be considered
- Solid knowledge in equities with experience in equity risk models, especially Barra equity risk model
- Experience in interacting with fundamental portfolio managers, providing them with quantitative and portfolio risk analysis
- Good understanding of the theories / methods related to investment and fundamental portfolio management
- MATLAB and other programming skills would be highly beneficial
- An innovative and creative mindset with ability to work independently and be part of a team
- Excellent communication skills in English with strong confidence and influencing skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the Asia region.
- This role is opened to overseas applicants.
Contact Amy Ho (852) 3101 3066 or click APPLY NOW button quoting reference number AH 42497. www.ambition.com.hk
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.