Compensation & Benefits Accountant (6 month maternity cover)
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services Contracting|
There is now a great opportunity for a qualified candidate to joined the Compensation and Benefits Accounting team within our client's Group Finance division which is a global function and covers accounting, control and reporting of employee stock plans, deferred compensation, bonus and related FX and inter-company accounting.
The team works closely with the Group, Divisional and Legal Entity Finance teams, HR, Treasury and Tax. The primary focus of the team is to develop, implement and operate robust and efficient controls and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of people related expenses under various GAAPs and delivery of expense management information and analyses.
The scope of activities include:
- All operational aspects around accounting, control and reporting of people related expenses under various bonuses and deferred compensation plans. The scope of coverage includes various stock and cash deferral plans awarded over a number of years, booked in various legal entities and currencies under US GAAP, IFRS, CH GAAP and local GAAP.
- Month end / Quarter end close activities
- Preparation of various reports and analyses and interaction with stakeholders
- Year-end statutory disclosures and audit
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience in a high pressure, deadline focused commercial environment or audit and assurance function.
- Previous work experience in Banking and Finance is preferred but not necessary.
- Previous exposure to compensation accounting is preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Windows.
- Strong technical background in accounting and management reporting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS relating to Comp Accounting
- A flexible approach to work combined with a "can do" attitude that is task orientated.
- A logical mindset with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the presence and ability to influence peers and seniors.
- Committed and determined self-starter.
- Outgoing/team player
If you are comfortable with a 6 month maternity cover role and are fine with a working location in the Eastern part of Singapore, please send in your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257