Lead Data Analyst, Stress Testing (6 month contract)
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services Contracting|
This role reports directly to the Assistant Manager - Data Management seated within the Group Finance Capital and Liquidity team. The successful candidate for this position will participate in the Stress Testing Central Solution Project, playing a key role in ensuring that Data requirements such as validation, reconciliation, documentation, and consistency are managed. This includes developing and maintaining an efficient and effective data integrity/standards framework, controls design and operation, data management, regulatory compliance, internal Bank policies/procedures compliance, and overall documentation. The candidate will be involved in the Bank's stress test exercises such as Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and Bank-of-England (BOE).
This role's key components include:
- Stress Testing Data Management and Reporting
- Maintenance, documentation, and population of the stress testing data map, processes, standards, reconciliation/controls, over data sources/data inputs, reporting templates, future data requirements. Coverage includes the entire balance sheet, P&L, and other financial statements.
- Populate BOE STDF templates that are used for regulatory submissions.
- Participation and delivery of data enhancement initiatives and projects, including FDSF and BCBS 239.
- Reconciliation with key sources and other regulatory submissions such as FINREP, COREP, Quarterly FDSFs
- Implementation of efficient, accurate, and automated solutions for data management requirements.
- Interface Planning and Support
- Engage and interact with stress testing modellers and Governance personnel for process improvement, execution, and population of reporting templates and regulatory submissions
- Engage and work positively with other stress testing workstreams, technology providers/stakeholders, for data interfaces, validation, and issue identification and resolution
- Engage with Operational Risk and Audit for process, controls, documentation and operational related matters
- Manage timelines and data assurance requirements around stress test exercises
- Participation in ad-hoc capital and liquidity projects (where time is available)
- Participation in analytics, regulatory reporting, and change initiatives.
- Working closely with the Head of Group Finance CLM as well as other team members for any other miscellaneous capital and liquidity projects.
Key qualifications and skills required for this position:
- Experience in data management, data analytics, technology including process/data frameworks/reviews, controls assessment, and detailed documentation
- Experience in banking technology, databases, and data related projects
- Ability to map the current data sources/processes and propose changes to improve efficiency
- Knowledge of banking products and processes
- Experience in regulatory submissions, reporting, and data requirements such as FDSF, FINREP, COREP
- Highly responsive with excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to explain complex matters in simple and intuitive terms, to non-technical audiences
- Strong SAS/Excel/PowerPoint/Word knowledge
- Basic knowledge of accounting requirements
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments
Candidates who have a background in stress testing and are able to start work immediately, please send your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257