*NEW* 10 Months Contract Bank Risk and Control Manager
- Initiate, represent & support Risk and Control Projects for the Wholesale Lending Services
- Represent the team on Control Forums and provide updates on control issues along with Scorecards, Dashboards, Key metrics, KPIs as applicable.
- Assess the impact of changes in the internal policies
- Monitor and review actual and potential exceptions to policy requirements and initiate remedial actions.
- Evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business' risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control breaks
- Ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively
- Provide control related due diligence to business units to foster a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Partner effectively with colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology control functions to drive consistent and rigorous operational risk practices and Control programs including: control committees, risk mitigation, key risk indicators, control design and effectiveness evaluation/testing
- Help establish/reinforce control governance and reporting
- Support business operations by partnering with the business and regional stakeholders to create best practice solutions and drive process and control enhancements, providing expertise in risk/controls and the development of corrective action plans.
- Understand the local regulatory, compliance landscape and drive control & process adherence. Monitor any remediation arising out of changes in regulatory requirements.
- Degree preferably in related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in financial institution
- 5-7 years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation. Lending product knowledge preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Good analytical skills and sound process review/risk assessment skills with an understanding of risks and impacts in a banking environment
Short listed candidates will be notified
EA Registration Number: R1104661
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.