Published on 19th January 2017
Today is an exciting time to be a skilled technology professional in Singapore. With an abundant investment in the technology space across both the technology start-up and enterprise landscape, companies continued vying for top IT talent.
During 2016, we saw a continuous surge of technology start-up companies in Singapore. This trend was accompanied by a steady demand for experienced Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Scientists. Additionally, there is also a demand for resources across various IoT, Smart City and Digital Transformation initiatives.
Top developers are in hot demand
In the final months of 2016, we saw the banking and financial services space having healthy hiring volumes for talented developers in languages such as Java, C#, Python and JVM languages such as Scala and Clojure.
Banks and financial services players are also taking an interest in DevOps Engineers and professionals with specific Agile transformation knowledge. Exceptional talent within these areas are commanding higher than average salary increments.
Throughout 2016, we saw a continual demand for local technology talent across all industries in Singapore.
Onwards into 2017
As we expect the demand for technology talent to continue seeing an upward trend in 2017, organisations and job seekers will see a very exciting time for Technology in the months ahead.
We encourage talented IT professionals looking to take the next step in their careers to watch this space and be open to take up new opportunities as they emerge in the job market.
Salary Report for Q1 2017*
*Notes about salary table:
- Titles and levels vary from organisation to organisation.
- The salary ranges given are only approximate guides. For tailored salary advice, please contact us directly.
- 12-month base salaries are assumed.
- All other benefits and bonuses are in addition to these figures.
- Bonus ranges can vary significantly from company to company and will be influenced by market conditions, business and individual performances. Bonus ranges from 1 month at the low end to 100%+ at the upper.
- Holiday entitlements range from 12–25 days with senior executives not usually receiving less than 18 days. Less than 15 is very rare and 20 days is becoming the norm.
- Healthcare policies are standard.
- Pension plans vary with some companies offering greater than the standard contribution. Top up schemes can increase employer contribution levels as much as 15–20% of the base salary for senior executives.